Review - Salaam E Ishq

Share your opinion, and views about any new or old Movies, Music and Songs. Post your reviews or thoughts about them.

If you have watched the movie then rate it & palce your comment.

Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Mediocre
No votes
Not so Good
No votes
Very Bad
No votes

Total votes : 0

Review - Salaam E Ishq

Postby Subhash on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Salaam E Ishq: A Tribute to Love

salaam-e-ishq.gif

Language: Hindi
Year: January 26, 2007 in the U.S.
Actors: Salman Khan, John Abraham, Govinda, Anil Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra, Shannon Esra, Sohail Khan, Isha Koppikar, Juhi Chawla, Ayesha Takia, Anjana Sukhani
Director: Nikhil Advani
Producer: Mukesh Talreja & Sunil Manchanda
Story: Nikhil Advani
Screenplay: Saurabh Shukla, Suresh Nair & Nikhil Advani
Music: Shankar, Ehsaan & Loy
Lyrics: Sameer
Dialogs: Saurabh Shukla

The movie all about love and love problems. There are six couples in different parts of the world having their own story.

First Couple John Abraham (Ashutosh) and Vidya Balan (Tehzeeb).

They are living in Mumbai, both are working for a tv channel. Tehzeeb is a muslim girl who rejected opposition of her parents and got married with a Hindu guy Ashotosh. They are struggling for their better futures in reel life (in Mumbai) like most of the couple are doing in real life (in Mumbai). One sad incident changed their life. Tezeeb has got accident in a railway journey and lost her memory. There are some emotional dialogues between them when she lost her memory and I am sure people who are in love now a days will definitely like these dialogues. Unlike other films Tezeeb didn’t get his memory back and at the end of film both of them started a new life to make more beautiful memories.

I didn’t like on screen chemistry of this couple and I think they should not come together in future. Vidya Balan again shows his best acting skills and according to one of my friend (nakhan) she is looking pretty in this film toooooo.

Second Couple Anil Kapoor (Viney) and Juhi Chawla (Seema).

Viney is a event organizer and Seema is a housewife. Viney is 40 year old and he got bored with this routine life he needs some excitement and adventure in his life. One his way to his work he found his excitement mean he meets a bold,over-confident and extremely determined girl Anjana (Anjali). Anjali is a modern girl and both of them get in a affair. As usually Viney tell a lie with Seema when she heard about Anjali. One day when she saw both of them together, She is leaving for Indiaforever. Viney realized his mistake and break relation with Anjali and go to the airport to stop Seema and his Son and Daughter. Seema forgive Viney and happy ending.

To my mind this is the most realistic story of this film. Although Juhi Chawla has few dialogues but she is looking gorgeous. Anil Kapoor acting is more than good and he is looking very old in this film. May be because his real age is more than fifty five now. Dialogues between Juhi and Anil could be more powerful in the aero plane scene and there is no interference of kids which I didn’t like. This scene should be more emotional than it is.

Third Couple Priyanka (Kkamini) and Salman Khan[/FONT]

Kamini is a poor girls who started her career as a hotel/bar singer. Little by little she become an item girl but its not her dream. She wants to become an actress in a big banner film like Karan johar etc. She wants to become a tragedy heroine and not a item girl.

She makes a plan to get popularity through scandal and announces in a press conference that she is missing her love Rahul (well she doesn't know any Rahul). Initially her trick is successful but then there is a twist in the story when Salman Khan (Rahul) came into his life. Rahul meets her on the airport infront of journalist and tells them that he is the guy of Kkamini.

She is surprised that from where this fake Rahul Came. Rahul tells her that he will be a part of her plan if she gives her 10 million Indian rupees and she is agreed. Plan goes as she wanted and in the end Rahul has to do a drama of his death in accident. In between Rahul tells her that he likes her from those days when she used to sing in a small hotel in dera-doon and he was working there as a waiter and he arrived here just for her. Rahul does as per plan, leaves her and go back to his own life.

Then she realized that in this drama she become a victim of true love with Rahul. She also goes to Delhi find Rahul in a wedding party and tells her that she also loves him. And again happy ending in this story.

On-Screen Chemistry of Salman and Priyanka is as good as they were in “Mujh say Shaadi karogi”. Both are looking stunning and elegant. I liked Salam dialogue delivery and his costume. Title song is well picturized and dances are also good and simple. Well I didn't see Salman Khan to work as a waitor in the film. He is looing very rich guy but from where he got all his expensive costume etc ....... ?

Forth Couple Akshay Khanna (Shiven) and Ayesha Takia (Gia)

This is the youngest couple in the film they got engaged and after engagement Shiven realized that he has been trapped. After Shaadi his life will be ruined and he will not enjoy his freedom.
His mind got changed and he wanted to say sorry to Gia. He doesn’t want to get married but unwillingly he has to meet with Gia’s family in one party. In this party Gia watches a small clip in his video camera which he recorded before. In this clip he said sorry to Gia for getting married and after that no dialogue only a slap on his face.

(Vidya Balan) Tehzeeb got a small accident with his car and he dropped her to Ashotosh home. There he saw their invaluable love and their promises to each other. He gets inspiration from them and goes to her ex-fiancée (Gia) who is getting married with a NRI guy Rohit. He arrives on the scene and speaks the same dialogues which he heard between Ashutosh & Tehzeeb. Eventually Gia accepts his feelings and get married with him. Happy ending again huuh.

Ayesha (Gia) Takia and Akshay Khanna dialogues are more or less same as in the film “Home Delivery” where hero was Vivek Oberoe. I didn’t like Ayesha acting because there is no acting margin for her and same roll as in “Dil Mangi more” and “Home Delivery”. But Akshay Khanna roll is good and real. I enjoyed his comic action and dialogues.

Fifth Couple Govinda (Raju) and Shanon Esra (Staphanie)

Govinda (Raju) is a taxi driver who usually drive from airport to the city. Almost all his friends got married but he is still bachelor because he dreams a lot. He thinks one day his dream girl will come from the same airport gate from where he used to take passenger. And guess what It happens one day when Staphanie came out and ask him to go to Taj. He is a simple man he took her to Taj Mehal instead of Hotel Taj. Baiscally Staphanie is in India to search her boy friend Rohit who came to India with his parents for getting married with an Indian Girl. At the end when Rohit is getting married with Gia (Ayesha Takia) finally staphanie cought him, Rohit refused to marry with a foreigner girl. He says he only want to marry with an Indian girl. At this moment Raju dialogues are good and Stephanie Hindi is also very funny. Finally Govinda and Staphanie said Love you to each other and again happy ending.

Govinda Comedy and Shanon acting is worth watching. Govinda is looing old but as we all know Govinda is Govinda and he knows the trick to make you laugh. Shanon Hindi Dialogues at the end of film has compelled me to laugh loudly. Overall I like this story.

Sixth Couple Sohail Khan (Ramdayal) and Isha Koopikar (Phoolwati)

Ramdayal and Phoolwati is a newly married couple from a village. They want to celebrate their first night of wedding (Suhaag Raat) in all their scenes. But every time when they want to come closer there is a tragedy. At the end they succeeded. How? U need to watch this film for that......

This couple has very small roll in the film but whenever I saw them on screen in this film I couldn’t stop myself for laughing. Sometimes dialogues are not necessary for being funny or comic only your action can do this. And this couple has done it by their actions.

CONCLUSION

Watch Out For…….. Some good comedy scenes, Big Stars, Excellent Music, Well Picturised Songs.

Not watch out for…… small stories you will not like all, Weak Screenplay, not a good chemistry b/w some couples, Length of film 3:45 hrs, Characters Background….

N.B.: Salaam E Ishq is sooo long that for the first time in our memory, an American theatre provided an intermission.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Friends4ever" Administrator & Designer

Subhash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Movies and Music